TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Off The Shelf Social Media Competition
- Off The Shelf is running the Competitions on Social Media (the “Competition”) where followers stand a chance of winning products from our suppliers, sold on the online platforms
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to South African Residents Only
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Off The Shelf.
- Are of Discretion of Off The Shelf
- Can Change without notice or announcements
- Prize exclusions –
- Cost of Usage
- Any additional extras are to be settled by the prize winner;
- Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in competition post a will qualify as potential winners.
- The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst other Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
- Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Off The Shelf’s request.
- Employees, directors and agents of Off The Shelf, Off The Shelf Suppliers and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
- Participants are allowed to enter as many times to increase winning opportunity.
- There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the standard data costs to upload a valid entry. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
- Off The Shelf shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
- The winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winners will be notified via Direct Messaging on Social Media Platforms.
- All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Off The Shelf.
- Off The Shelf will notify the respective winners that they have won in the Competition.
- Participating in the Competition, Consents participants to publicly post, curated a post, Thanking Off The Shelf for the Win. Using Stipulated Hashtags. Content will be shared on Off the Shelf Platform and & Suppliers’ digital platforms
- Off The Shelf will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners via direct messaging on their social media profile OR telephone on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
- Off The Shelf shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 2 (two) normal working weekdays after their names have been drawn and verified as winners. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon. Winners will be advised of arrangements in respect of prizes at the time of contacting the selected winners.
- Should a participant not be available on the contact details provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Off The Shelf reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
- The claim for any prize will be subject to security and validation, and Off The Shelf reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by a particular winner is valid. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves, in a manner determined by Off The Shelf, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Off The Shelf, in order to claim any prizes, failing which such winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
- Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from a particular winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of any of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Off The Shelf, such prize will be forfeited. Off The Shelf then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
- Off The Shelf shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Off The Shelf in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Off The Shelf.
- All prizes will be sent with a courier service to the winners’ physical addresses only. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address or retail stores.
- The Products will be couriered to the winner from Off The Shelf, Gauteng, therefore delivery dates cannot be confirmed as they will be based on the winners’ location.
- Prizes are subject to availability and if a prize cannot be awarded, then it will be up to Off The Shelf’s discretion to select and alternative prize of similar value.
- No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
- All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Off The Shelf’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
- User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA“).
- The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Off The Shelf’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Off The Shelf may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Off The Shelf is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
- Off The Shelf and/or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
- Off The Shelf is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition. In addition, neither Off The Shelf nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in and/or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
- Off The Shelf, its directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties, guarantees or undertakings given by any person other than Off The Shelf itself.
- If Off The Shelf is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Off The Shelf and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Off The Shelf’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website.